Monday 31 August 2015

A PRETTY USELESS ONE PARAGRAPH RPG THING

I made this whilst brainstorming rules for #HIVELIFE1979 (oh you haven't heard yet?) and came up with this as a fun experiment, kind of inspired by Ultima Online, what I played far too much of as a kid and +Oli Palmer. Not sure if this is ripping something off, I just needed to get it out of my brain.

Every character has 3 stats, Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, assign a d6, d8 and d12 to each. You roll one of those die when testing your attributes - needing a 5-7 for success, or 8-12 for success with a benefit. Everyone has HP equal to the max Strength Die. Each hit in combat deals 1 wound, 2 with Heavy weapons. Resolve landing hits as you would an attribute test. You can get armour die, d4 or d6, when you take a hit roll it, if you roll 4+ you ignore the damage.Wizards make up their own spells because they're wizards. Thieves get a +1 to any roll once per turn. Warriors start with 2 extra HP.

BOOM



1 comment:

  1. I'm a player, DM and writer. One of my things is a RPG zine published only in physical format and sold for 1$ at my town. 20 or 30 copies at trimestral zine. With your permission, I want to translate and publish this article on my zine, pls.

    att. Josué Reis, Macapá city, Ap, Brazil.

    ReplyDelete